Sunday 10 August 2008

Baby Wipes aren't just for Babies

I must tell you about this before I forget!

This morning a young guest accidently spilt some ground coffee which splashed the curtains and carpet.  I was intent on getting a cloth dampened with cold water, when she asked, "Do you have baby wipes?". 

"Yes," I replied, wondering why she would ask such a question when she was so obviously embarrassed at what had happened.  I tried to assure her it would be fine when she asked me to bring her the baby wipes.  This I did.

She proceeded to dab the offending stains on the curtains and carpet with a couple of the wipes and within a minute or so there was no evidence of the accident, other than some coffee grounds, which the carpet cleaner easily removed.

I have to admit I was impressed, but also thought outlines of the stains would be left, similar to when you use a damp cloth.  This afternoon I checked the curtains and carpet, in fact I checked several times.  Why?  Because I couldn't even remember where the coffee stains had been, that's why.  Not a mark on anything; it's as if they never had been.

So my thanks to my young guest for such a wonderful cleaning tip which I wouldn't have known about without her wee accident.  My understanding to all mothers of babies if they wonder what these wipes do to babies' bums if they can remove coffee and other stains so efficiently.

Tip:  The stains must be fresh for this to work.  Haven't yet missed my mouth with red wine so can't vouch for them working on that.  Mind you I expect the day will come when I am forced to try!


No comments: