Wednesday 25 June 2008

Pets can Bed and Breakfast in Perthshire too!


Don't you shake your head in despair at times when you realise a problem, which seems very complicated, is easily resolved.  The answer may be staring you in the face as in this case.

Owning a bed and breakfast in Blairgowrie, Perthshire, a good many of my guests are people from all over the UK.  Many enquire if I would take pets, usually dogs, but I've also had enquiries for cats and one rabbit, which I was pleased to accommodate as he arrived with his own portable flat (or apartment if you prefer). 

In recent years many bed and breakfasts and guesthouses have stopped taking pets.  I can understand why as the cost of carpeting and furnishings are expensive if you are a 4 or 5 star business but I also understand why visitors don't want to leave their adored pet behind.  Having been a dog owner for some years leaving a dog behind is a wrench.  Leaving a dog behind for a week or more can be emotionally upsetting to all concerned.

So, your bed and breakfast or guesthouse refuses your lovely, well behaved pet. "I'll find somewhere else then," you think to yourself.  After ringing umpteen places you still haven't found somewhere who would cherish your pet as much as you.

Solution:
Why don't you bring your pet with you and arrange accommodation in a local kennel or cattery?  That way you can see your pet every day, even have them with you all day and both of you will sleep well at night.  Here in Blairgowrie there is a cattery just yards from my door and a kennels just over 5 minutes drive away.  As I haven't used either of these for some years I am hesitant to recommend them, but it shouldn't take long to check them out.

One thing I know, the local two are very busy, so book early.  There are quite a few others within 30 minutes drive so you do have a good choice.

Do away with all the stress of taking your pet to kennels or the cattery prior to your holiday.  All come together and enjoy yourselves in Perthshire, Scotland!

No comments: