Wednesday 19 November 2008

Autumn Weather and Rosy Cheeks

Decided to have a break from painting our living room today and tidy up some leaves.  At the back of the house this wonderful cotoneaster is showing off to its best.  The photo actually doesn't do it justice really as it's a very vivid colour - almost luminous.

This part of the garden isn't often seen by guests unless they're picking apples or plums - and some do.  Oh the advantages of having a B & B in Blairgowrie! I'm always grateful to get help with harvesting the fruit because, especially the plums, all arrive at once and need eating straight away to enjoy the full flavour.

Looking at the photo, perhaps I should have cleared up the leaves before I took it, but I wanted to catch the colour before the light faded.

It's still exceptionally warm for this time of year and my couple of hours in the garden have left me with "rosy cheeks".  When I was a child I hated having rosy cheeks but, now I'm maturing (very slowly of course), I'm beginning to think they're quite attractive.  Saves a bit of money buying blusher!

 

No comments: