Monday 24 November 2008

Winter Weather Is Here Early.


November Snow

Woke up yesterday morning to a 2 inch covering of snow.  It looked very picturesque from inside the house where it was cosy and warm.  Eventually I did go outside to take some photos and the day was very pleasant, cold but dry and no wind.  Luckily the council looks after the roads well, so there are no problems travelling in this kind of weather.

The garden looked quite sculptural with the snow outlining the shape of shrubs and there's always a peacefulness about gardens and the countryside when it's covered in snow.

I'm being very brave this year.  The cordyline above has been nurtured by me for years, fed in summer and brought indoors once the frost appears.  This year, on the advice of a guest who is a gardening expert, I've left it outside.  He says it's a very hardy plant.  If it survives this snow then I'm sure it will survive anything.




No comments: