Wednesday 19 November 2008

B & B Blairgowrie, Christmas 2008 and Hogmanay 2008/9 opening

Our little red squirrels are still about but I've only seen two recently.  It's quite obvious the autumn is well underway as the bird no longer play in the garden, but arrive, eat, then fly off to their next destination.

Some years we've been open for both Christmas and New Year.  This year I've decided to close for Christmas, mainly because family are coming to join us for a few days and it's hard work juggling my guests as well as family.  Only twice over the years I've done this and I feel I neglect everyone.

So, no guests over Christmas but we shall open for Hogmanay (New Year) this year.  Last year we had a quiet evening and enjoyed cooking ourselves a good meal accompanied by some rather delicious wine.  We had such a pleasant time we've decided to try it again.  Must be my old age catching up with me!  I turned down many enquiries for Hogmanay last year so this year I shall open.  So many businesses close over the festive period and it's a shame if people want to spend Hogmanay with family or friends but can't find accommodation.

I shall put the price for Hogmanay on the website in the next couple of days but it will be £32.50 per person per night.  I will not be taking one night bookings - just in case you ask!

No comments: