Thursday 17 July 2008

Scottish Rainbow Trout



Had the super gift of a rainbow trout from my lovely  fishermen this week (nearly 2lbs).  Their catch was average over the week but not quite as good as last year.  Part of the problem appeared to be the rain and also the cold wind which is most unusual for this time of year. Dull days seem to be best for fishing but chilly winds are not appreciated and neither is bright sunshine I'm told.  

Regardless, my anglers set off with great enthusiasm every morning to tackle (forgive the pun!) some of the surrounding rivers and lochs.  There are so many good fishing destinations in Perthshire that they are completely spoilt for choice, but as they know this area well, they are able to make informed decisions about places suited to the differing weather.

A comprehensive website relating to fishing in Perthshire is http://www.fishingnet.com/.

I love trout and I am always delighted to receive such a generous gift.  All I have to do now is plan a spare hour some evening when I can barbeque the handsome 'catch' and enjoy the pure pleasure of eating it.  Can't wait!

No comments: